Aliva IT Recruitment is part of the Aliva Group , and is an established and professional IT recruitment company. As such we are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. Part of this service is protecting the privacy of our clients and candidates and complying with the new sections of the National Privacy Principles established under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
With this in mind, Aliva would like to take this opportunity to advise that we are ever conscious of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of our candidate’s personal information.
You can be assured that we only collect personal information that is necessary for us to carry out the various functions and services we undertake. What’s more, we take all possible steps to ensure that candidate information is not disclosed to – or accessed by – unauthorised persons.
Personal information we collect
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you submit an application through our web site or paper form and usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate directly and other sources in connection with applications for work
- Work performance information and feedback
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Staff information
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
- Results of technical or aptitude tests
- Reference checks
If you choose not to provide the required personal information, our ability to locate suitable work opportunities for you may be restricted and we may not be able to provide you with the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we use your personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following purposes:
- Placement operations
- Career Management
- Staff Training
- Client and business relationship management
- Candidate relationship management
- Events and Promotions
Who we may share this information with
We may disclose your personal information, to a third party, for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. In other words, to help you get a job and to help our clients to fill theirs. It is our policy not to pass on any personal information without the consent of the candidate, referee or client concerned. Generally this would be limited to:
- Our clients and your potential and actual employers
- Our associated companies and subsidiaries
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Suppliers of services to us which may include IT contractors, database designers or payroll services;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information;
- Organisations that conduct competency or aptitude tests;
- Law enforcement agencies (where required by legislation) to verify whether you have a criminal record.
Security of information
Aliva will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to ensure that the information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you –
- Notify us if you there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name, address, email address, change in employment details.
Personal information is stored in either a secure server or secure files with only approved staff having access to this information.
As the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, Aliva cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us in this way or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Information collected by us will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. When the information is no longer of use to us, we will destroy it in a manner that protects the privacy of the individual. In addition, you will have the option of having your details deleted from our systems at any time should you so decide.
Requests to access personal information
Should it be necessary for you to gain access to your personal information, which Aliva may hold about you, this information can be obtained from us by contacting our Privacy Co-ordinator, and verifying your identity.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, Aliva will be happy to provide you with the requested information.
We may refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Please note that there may be a moderate fee for supplying the information and/or documentation to you to cover our costs for retrieving and/or copying the information or documentation. Aliva will advise you of the amount of this fee before retrieval of the information and/or documentation is undertaken.
We welcome your feedback. If you wish to make further enquiries regarding how we use personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or contact your Aliva Recruitment Office.
More information on the Privacy Act 1988
For more specific information about how your privacy is protected under the new sections of the National Privacy Principles established under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, go to here for more information.